Friday, September 5, 2008

The results are in .....

Actually, the results were in last week but I have been typing so much at work the thought of typing when I get home is a lot like the thought of running a marathon first thing in the morning.

The ultrasound and my bloodwork from the nuchal test showed that I am having the pregnancy of a womyn that is 31/32 years old. Hah! That makes me biologically younger than Stew. A lot of my risks for genetic defects dropped dramatically. That was good news. And yes, I did almost cry when I got the news. Okay, maybe not almost, I did .... a little. And I still do (a little) when I think about it. Of course, there are still more tests I have to endure and still a long road ahead of me but with each passing week I grow a little less anxious.

I'm still not showing despite having gained 6.5 lbs and the kid only weighst about 1.75 ounces now (slightly more than a serving of cereal on Weight Watchers). In fact, a few people asked if I lost weight which makes me wonder exactly how chunky I was lookin' before. I can assure you something is going on because a lot fewer clothes are fitting these days and I think I need to invest in some newer, bigger bras. I am most comfortable in my pajamas but that's nothing new. I've always been Hugh Heffner-esque in that regard.

No comments: